In another discussion with my sister, I was telling her how I don't think I have enough gifts for Jarrett under the tree. She said that he doesn't need additional gifts, all I have to do is wrap my love in a box and give it to Jarrett, corny but sweet. Jarrett definitely has all my love, and Marvin's too wrapped up just for him.
Well, the point of this post was to wish everyone a wonderful 2008. I hope the new year brings forth wisdom, prosperity and livelihood for all. If anyone is reading this whose 2007 wasn't so wonderful please know that there is hope in the future. As blessed as I feel today, we went through some difficult times after the loss of our children, Sterling a.k.a. Bamboo in June of 2004 and Serena Genesis in February of 2005. Losing children you wanted so badly was very difficult for us. We had to ask God a lot of questions and put our faith in him. We also had to realize that having faith didn't mean that we were going to have children, but having faith meant that we would be at peace with whatever the Lord gave to us. After searching for the right medical treatment for my condition, going through abdominal surgery and getting the transabdominal cerclage, and after numerous prayers by so many, Jarrett is here today and we are ever so thankful. I don't mean to make this a downer of a post but I feel that my children and our journey must be acknowledged because as thankful and as blessed as I feel, I want others to know that this wasn't an easy journey but that the Lord carried us through. I want everyone to know that the Lord is here and I'm thankful for that. With that a wonderful 2008 to all! With Love!
Jarrett on Christmas Day


Jarrett's 6 month picture

Family Christmas picture taken during Jarrett's 6 month pics
No comments:
Post a Comment