Saturday, September 20, 2008

i am 16 months old

Jarrett turned 16 months old yesterday. He will be celebrating his birthday by going to the LA County Fair on Sunday and if he's good he'll get to go with Mommy to a bridal shower today(ETA...he was good).

Jarrett is a thrill a minute. He's so full of life, he keeps us on our toes. The last month brought us lots of joy, including but not limited to the following:

PHONE HACKER: A week ago, he was playing with my cell phone. It's not unusual for him to call people and I just say it's Jarrett calling. I was laying down relaxing and all of a sudden I heard someone speaking Krio, I thought someone had called our phone and I missed hearing the phone ring and the answering machine had picked up. After a couple of messages I realized that wasn't our phone. Jarrett had called my parent's house and somehow pressed the correct codes that got through to their voicemail. We were hearing all of my parent's messages! Oh no, Jarrett is a phone hacker!!!!!!!!

HATS: One day while we hung out in the garage, Marvin put one of his old hats on Jarrett. Since then, anything that looks like a hat goes on Jarrett's head. He loves finding bowls, cups, pretty much anything round to put on his head to pretend it is his hat.

HANG OUT: We moved some furniture around in the den. I love the layout but Jarrett loves it even more. He's found a spot that he calls all his own. He loves taking a bite to eat and going and sitting in his spot and eating out or just relaxing there.

PLAYING OUTSIDE: Jarrett loves to play outside. He likes to go to the backyard or even the garage sometimes to just play. This is great because it forces us to get up and go out and do something!

INDEPENDENT RUNNER: I'm amazed how fast this little thing is. Since he's so little and can fit in little spaces he is sometimes hard to catch. He loves having us run and chase after him.

WHAT HE LIKES TO EAT: This month we realized Jarrett loves biting into fruits. He loves having a nice juicy peach or plum or nectarine or strawberry and taking a BIG bite out of it.

HOBBIES: Reading books, Watching Play with me Sesame (or whatever is on Sprout), playing outside, playing with water, hiding rverything, playing with cabinets, discovering what's in the house, coloring, running from room to room, playing basketball, singing.

Mommy & Jarrett


Jarrett's hiding spot/hang out


Hair raising heat in Vegas


Fun at Gymboree


Look at those eyes!


Jarrett and his hat

No comments: