Wednesday, August 20, 2008

i am 15 months old

Jarrett turned 15 months old yesterday. On a weekly basis, Marvin and I say to each other, can you believe it? He has only been in our lives for 15 months. I honestly do not remember life without him. I remember a few days before the cesarean section that brought Jarrett to this world, Marvin and I were lying in bed thinking how much our lives were going to change; we could never have imagined that it would be this much.

As you can see below, taking Jarrett’s monthly pictures is no longer an easy task. I stopped at 12 months because I realized that once he was mobile I would not be able to keep him still. As you can see in the pictures I was right. It was fun trying though.

Jarrett is a little boy who loves to make his voice heard. This includes in church, at the grocery store, or at the park. He loves saying hi and bye to the neighbors and if I didn’t stop him, he would walk across the street to do it.

What antics has Jarrett been up to lately? This past Saturday, I couldn’t find the phone. I knew Jarrett was playing with it but I didn’t think he could have had any time to dispose of it. I looked in his favorite hiding place – the trash and didn’t see it there. I figure it was one of those things that would reappear when I wasn’t looking for it. By the next day when we still couldn’t find it, Marvin decided to do some investigative work. He paged the phone and the sound appeared to be coming from many of Jarrett’s favorite hiding places. He looked in the cabinets, the pantry and still it was nowhere to be found. Finally he decided to lift up the trash bag and what do you know a ringing phone. He had to fish the phone up from all the way in the bottom and Lysol the phone. I’ve got to make it to the store soon to find a different trash can since Jarrett has outwitted us on this one.

What else? Oh this one is cute. We were out in the backyard playing and he was playing with his bubble wand. He then took the wand to one of his hiding places. I looked for it and when I couldn’t find it I finally said to Jarrett “bubbles” in an inquisitive tone. What do you know, he walked me to the bucket that he placed the bubble wand in. Sure enough I looked down and saw the bubble wand. I was amazed as I would have never found it in there.

Another thing he does, believe it or not, is sweep. He takes the broom and dustpan and sweeps the kitchen. Can you believe it, a cleaning baby! Now if I can just get him to stop messing everything up that would be wonderful. I do have pics of this on my phone but I’m not used to taking pics on my phone so I’m not quite sure how to get them off.

One of Jarrett’s new favorite things to do is to come, look at me and then run so I can run after him. For a little pint size munchkin, he is very fast. Attached is a video of him running.

Well, that’s all! Happy 15 months Baby Jarrett!!!



No comments: