Interesting that my last post said that I would post everyday and since then I've been missing in action. Thanks to a good friend who reminded me that I need to update the blog so everyone can know what's going on with Jarrett. I'm not sure what kept me away, initially I thought it was just laziness but then I realized that with Jarrett's mobility things have never been the same. We spend half the day retrieving whatever it is he might have thrown in the trash, might have hidden in a drawer or taking him away from somewhere he shouldn't be.
The cutest thing from Jarrett is when I come home from work. For example, yesterday I came into the room and he and Marvin were playing with each other. Marvin said, oh hey. Jarrett looked around wondering who he was talking to since he didn't see me come in, all of a sudden he noticed me and was like HI! It's so cute how he says it.
The previous day I walked in, went to the bathroom. Marvin walked passed the bathroom and said hi to me. Jarrett was following Marvin and he walked passed the bathroom, noticed me, kept walking and then walked backwards and said a big HI, like oops I missed something, I like that woman, she's my mommy. Anyway, its really cute not sure how it comes across on the blog but it's so cute when he first notices me when I come home from work.
Another cute thing he does is when you say how are you, he says good. It's so cute to hear him conversing with people in his own little way.
For the last couple of weeks Jarrett has had the pleasure of hanging out with my mom and sister during the day. Each day, either my mom or my sister are worn out by Jarrett's energy. My mom said one day that her house has been completely overthrown by Jarrett :) When he's with my sister who has a dog named Fireman, she says that between Fireman and Jarrett, that they have completely worn out and she says they feed off of each other and do all they can to make her go crazy. It seems Jarrett really loves Fireman and loves hanging out with him and playing with him. Fireman stayed with us for a week and during that week Jarrett enjoyed playing with him (which many times included torturing him). One of the things Jarrett loved to do is get Fireman backed in a corner and then laugh at him. That's my baby!
So what else has been going on. The day of the earthquake (July 29) I had the day off and we went to the Santa Ana Zoo. I think it should be renamed Backyard of someone's house zoo due to the size but I digress. Anyway, it was kind of funny because Jarrett continuosly called a lot of the animals doggy. Not sure if it is because it is one of his favorite words or if the animals simply looked like doggies to him. We were by the monkeys when the earthquake occurred while Jarrett was calling them doggies. All of a sudden all the monkeys started going from branch to branch, poor things were hysterical. Jarrett was just looking around like what is going on. Jarrett didn't even know the earth was shaking and rumbling. The animals were shaken up for at least 30 minutes afterwards but it seemed like all was ok at the zoo.



1 comment:
Thanks for updating us. I was wondering what happened to little Jarrett.
M
Post a Comment