Sunday, April 15, 2007
baby shower
We had our baby shower yesterday. The days before were quite busy as we had to ensure the house was clean and I realized we were down 2 rooms. One because of the nursery and the 2nd one because Marvin's brother is still staying with us. He is expected to move out in the next 2 weeks so I will finally have a guest room again. Not having the extra room to store items made life quite difficult. Anyway, the baby shower was fun, a bit hectic at times because our home is not in Mapquest. This community has been here over 2 years and has still not found its way to Mapquest or Yahoo maps - I am going to have to send them an email to add us on :) Anyway, we added directions to our home in the invites but people decided to use Mapquest which took them to somewhere in our city and we were giving directions all day long :) Kinda funny when I look back. Going back to the shower - it was fun. Marvin's aunt cooked the food - beef brisket, macaroni and cheese, dressing, potato salad, green beans, rolls, red velvet cupcakes (she did a great job). My mom handled the drinks and some of the appetizers - the fruit kabobs were very pretty! My parents also handled making sure we had all the tables and chairs. Kham handled the eggrolls - I only had a chance to have one - they were all gone before I knew it. Kristi handled the salsa and chips - yummy as usual. The food was great. Orania did a great job on the centerpieces, favors and games. Nella did a great job on getting all the partyware and the gifts - people loved them. (BTW, the games were Celebrity Photo - pretty much a guess which celebrity I grew up to become type game; Name game - people had to use our first names and our last name to help us come up with names for the baby - this turned out pretty good and I realize I have some really creative friends and family; and shower gift bingo where everyone had to come up with what they thought I would get and yell out bingo when they got it either diagonally, straight across, etc.) Thank you to Marvin's uncle who helped so much with the setting up of everything and cleaning up - we appreciate your energy so much! It was a pretty good time! We got great gifts and barely need anything else. Everyone was just so generous to our baby and to us and we appreciate it so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment